Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Operation Injured Soldier Annual Picnic


Last year my son (age 5 at the time) came to me and said "Mom, I have too many toys, so I don't want any presents for my birthday. Instead we should help the army people who come home hurt."

So, I found Operation Injured Soldier located out of South Lyon, MI. I told them what my son, Giuseppe Gottfried, was doing and they were absolutely astounded, as we were.

They came to the party and presented him with a flag one of the injured soldiers got when he arrive back in the USA after being in Afghanistan for several years. Giuseppe gave them a check for $505.

This year he has stepped up his efforts and has raised about $700 to date.

This Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at the annual Operation Injured Soldier picnic, Giuseppe will present his donation collection.

He is a selfless and remarkable kid.

No comments:

Let's back up a bit

This is the month of my July babies. Both Giuseppe and Rocco were born in July. Let's back up a bit. Michigan is still in a State of E...