Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family update

Giuseppe doesn't know what is about to hit him. He starts junior tackle football next week with practices three times a week AND hockey goes back into full-force in September with three practice a week. I guess the person I should be most concerned about is ME. It's going to be an interesting challenge to get him to and from all his practices, games, classes, etc.
Throw Vincenzo's schedule in the mix and I may have to hire a personal assistant to get things done. He goes to school this year three times a week and will be Learn to Play Hockey in September which will be twice a week.
So far Rocco's schedule isn't too much for me to juggle. I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around him entering preschool next year. He still seems like a baby to me.
Andy has been working hard on getting the basement done. It is going to be a nice addition to the house. Carpet will be installed next week and if all stays on schedule the basement should be completed in its entirety by Christmas. At this point we will have Dawson, our new 'rented' son from the USA NTDP take the bedroom there. We haven't even met Dawson, yet he has already made Andy very proud. He recently made a verbal commitment to Norte Dame. Those that know Andy know how much of a Super Freak he can be about the Fighting Irish. So, that alone will make for Dawson and Andy's relationship to start off with flying colors.
Speaking of 'rented' sons. Giuseppe is so excited for his trip to Sweden to visit his 'brother from another mother,' Henrik, this fall. We keep in touch with Henrik on a frequent basis and we are happy to report he is doing well.
We are also proud of Andy for being named the Head Coach for the AAA U8 Travel Baseball team. The tryouts are soon, but the practices won't start until the winter. He loves being involved in the development of our future athletes. I'm sure Andy will nominate me to manage and fundraise for the team. Lucky me!
Things have been great for me. I am enjoying the summer with my boys. We have gotten quite a bit done so far and we still have three weeks until school starts. We have just one thing to check off our list of things to do over the summer. Considering how long our list was, I am very impressed we conquered it as well as we did.

No comments:

Let's back up a bit

This is the month of my July babies. Both Giuseppe and Rocco were born in July. Let's back up a bit. Michigan is still in a State of E...