Sunday, November 4, 2018

I'm reluctant to announce that I am now officially part of the Michigan community

Well, today I officially can call myself a Michigander. I moved to Michigan in 1999 straight from earning my undergraduate degree. For many reasons Michigan was a foreign world to me. To name a few:
  • Bottle returns
  • Embracing the winters
  • Hockey
  • Unions
  • Fordz (vs Ford)
  • Water access everywhere
But today I did what every true Michigander has done... I hit a deer. I guess I'm officially in the club after 19 years. I remember when I moved here I had someone tell me I wasn't truly part of Michigan until I hit a deer. I thought, "What a sick thing to say to someone who just moved here."

Anyway, I hit the brakes HARD, harder than I ever have. There was certainly contact but the deer ran off into the woods. My car appears to be fine. 

And the story continues:

I went to instruct a Jazzercise class. I was a little razzled from hitting a deer just 20 minutes prior to the first customer walking in the door. I made a quick announcement during my opening routine that I just hit a deer. Then for the next 60 minutes I was in my happy place, doing a typical Interval Dance Mixx. 

After class I had a few customer come up to me to ask if I was ok. "From what?" I thought. I honestly forgot what had happened to me just a mere 90 minutes ago. And that, ladies and gentleman, THAT is why I do Jazzercise. For one hour each day all my worries and stresses are gone. This is true whether I am an instructor or a customer. 

Some more entertaining news to share:

Andy, for the first time, came to my Jazzercise classes yesterday. He came to assess some electrical work at the center but also said he was going to give my class a try since he sees me prancing around the house shaking my booty nonstop while I am learning new routines. The ladies in the class welcomed him. After class he said what every new customer says, "That was harder than I thought but a lot of fun." He also said the person on stage (aka ME) was a different person than he's seen before.

No comments:

Let's back up a bit

This is the month of my July babies. Both Giuseppe and Rocco were born in July. Let's back up a bit. Michigan is still in a State of E...