Monday, March 11, 2019

2019 update: Until I die, I'm livin'

Well, I guess it is better late than never, right? Let me loop you in on our family.

Giuseppe

I can't believe it's true... Giuseppe has two trimesters under his belt as a high schooler. Everything is going smoothly. He's had two challenging trimesters with AP Chemistry, Biology, Algebra II, Spanish, English, Orchestra, World History, online Health, etc., I suppose we can account his grades being so good because:

  • He knows how to tackle tough subjects and has been groomed to keep his academic focus
  • He didn't have any sports to interrupt his train of thought since he was recovering from his September knee reconstructive surgery.
Maybe it was a combination of both, but I am proud of his focus and grades.

Giuseppe has been cleared with no restrictions, which is perfect timing for baseball season. His freshman year he didn't participate as a player in either football or hockey. It was tough mentally, but he needed the time to recover properly. According to his surgeon, his knee is better than the knee he was born with because he "built it."


Giuseppe continues to play the cello and piano.

Vincenzo

Speaking of cello, Vincenzo has decided to play the cello for his school's orchestra. We currently have two cellos in the house until Vincenzo grows a few more inches to share Giuseppe's full size cello. It's fun to see Vincenzo practice and get so passionate about his music, both piano and cello.

Vincenzo has been practicing with his new baseball team, the Saline Hornets Blue. This is the first year I have all three boys in the Saline baseball program. He is getting to know his new teammates with all the winter indoor practices. I expect to see a very successful year come this spring.

School is going well. Vincenzo reads at such a high level that the librarian has gotten him books that she never had to stock before. Next year Vincenzo goes to middle school, so the book selection should be easier to sort through for him. 

Next month Vincenzo gets to go on the 5th grade camping trip for a few nights. Andy will be a chaperone, as well.

Some things will never change... Vincenzo still is a gamer!!

Rocco

So many milestones to report; Rocco, my last, is having his final year at Woodland Meadows this year. This is also the last year Rocco will be riding the bus with his brother. Next year he will be taking the bus without any big brother while Giuseppe drives Vincenzo to school.

He has been very busy with football, hockey and baseball and of course, gaming with his two brothers.

Rocco plays for Livonia Knights in hockey. He is making friends, learning hockey at a new level and is having a lot of fun.

Rocco makes friends very easily, which is why all the teams he has been on in the past have been easy for him to mix into. Baseball has been going on with indoor winter practices. This will be another fun season as Andy as his head coach.


Andy

Andy continues to work from home working & travel as needed for Eurofins. He also manages to coach Rocco's baseball team as well as be Vincenzo and Giuseppe's number 1 fan in the stands. This year will be hard for Andy since this will be the first year he is not Giuseppe's coach in baseball. Andy personally groomed Giuseppe to be the athlete we see in both football and baseball.

We finally have a basement bathroom, thanks to Andy. Andy oversaw all efforts as well as designed and selected all elements of the bathroom.

Same is true for the vacation we took at the beginning of 2019 in Florida. Andy did all the planning and got all the nitty gritty worked out on behalf of all of us. The next phase of "vacationing" for us is all the many many baseball weekends. Again, Andy is keeping that all in order for us all.

Sonia

I'd like to think that at any point in my life (past, present and future) that I am truly enjoying my life. Until I die, I'm livin'. I don't look back and say "those were the good ole days." I don't look forward and wish I could get there faster. Life is moving too fast, so I take each day and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Life is good. I have three boys and a husband that I am blessed to have that make me laugh and keep me busy. I am the queen of the castle!!

My work is satisfying, yet challenging. I'm glad I found marketing because now I identify myself more as a marketer than I do as a journalist. That is a turning point for me. I had been a journalist for nearly twenty years and just recently I have started to see myself as a marketer.

I'm still doing dance fitness on a regular basis. In 2018 I taught over 200 classes. I'm on track to do about 100 more in 2019. I found my hour and I have no plans on slowing down anytime soon.

No comments:

Let's back up a bit

This is the month of my July babies. Both Giuseppe and Rocco were born in July. Let's back up a bit. Michigan is still in a State of E...