Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ash Wednesday/Valentine's Day Post

It seems fitting to write about my husband today, as it is Valentine's Day and it is also the start of Lent, so here goes:

I met Andy at the young age of 18, as a freshman at Ball State. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, but it found us. It wasn't but a few weeks of us dating that I realized this guy was meant for me and I was meant for him. So, it began. 

We were so different from each other, yet we challenged each other to explore unknown territories and to see the world through each other's eyes. And you know what, we still do. 

The world can be a shitty place, but having someone to go through it with you can make a difference. Life isn't easy, parenting isn't easy and people can be down right nasty. But Andy and I, well, we've been plowing through it together, and we've been making it. 

I love my life and I love what we've made of it and I love that we've done it our way. Without Andy to do it with me, who knows where I'd be.

So, Happy Valentine's Day, Andy! I love you.  Oh... and now the politically correctly holiday is referred to Friendship Day, or some crap like that. So, Happy Best Friendship Day, to you as well.

Thanks for the Valentine's flowers, Andy. However, the card says "from The Boys," so I'll assume you included yourself in "The Boys."
I love getting flowers sent to my office. They are beautiful and appreciated. 

No comments:

Let's back up a bit

This is the month of my July babies. Both Giuseppe and Rocco were born in July. Let's back up a bit. Michigan is still in a State of E...